The National Youth Authority of the Ministry of Youth & Sports in collaboration with the Youth Employment Agency (YEA) of the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations is recruiting youths from all Districts in Ghana, to undertake training in Android App development.
This program is situated within the context of the Youth in Information Communication Technology module of the Youth Employment Agency. It is aimed at supplementing the Government’s efforts at reducing youth unemployment, creating the next generation of youthful IT Entrepreneurs in Ghana and attaining Sustainable Development Goal of achieving higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technology upgrading development-oriented policies that support decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity, innovation and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-small-and medium-sized enterprises.
Successful applicants will receive both theory and practical Android development skills training. They will be required at the end of the training to sit for the Google Associate Android Developer Exam and acquire the Internationally recognized Associate Android Developer Certification.
TASKS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected applicants would be trained to become Associate Android Developers
WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY
• SHS, HND and Degree holders between the ages of 18-35 years.
• Women and persons with disability are especially encouraged to apply
• All applicants must be Ghanaians and resident in Ghana. They must be ordinarily resident in their respective districts.
CONDITION OF TRAINING
• Successful applicants will not be permanent employees, but beneficiaries of the module.
• Trainees will receive a stipend for the duration of the training.
• Trainees would be required to sit the Google Associate Android Developer Exam
MODE OF APPLICATION.
• Applicants must be prepared to take an aptitude test to determine their eligibility for selection
• Online Registration : http://www.yea.gov.gh/index.php/en/register